The 10 Best Eats in OV
Looking to grab a bite and enjoy the salty sea breeze down by the Bay? Check out these 10 best local Ocean View restaurants for a great meal, with a bonus – a great view. Ocean View, located on the coastal region of Norfolk, is a fantastic place to dine out and take advantage of the scenic shoreline. As the weather is heating up, why not take a dip or a leisurely walk on the beach after a delicious meal?
1. Shipwreck Sally’s – Noted as serving up the best breakfast and lunch in Ocean View, Shipwreck Sally’s dishes are definitely made with love. You’ll find an array of breakfast benedicts, signature melt sandwiches, burgers and fresh seafood dishes. Stop by for an unforgettable meal, and be sure to get there early. There may be a wait ... but it’s worth every second! Open from Wednesday-Saturday from 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., and Sunday from 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
2. Razzo – Looking for authentic Italian cuisine? Razzo is your restaurant. It’s been awarded “Best of Norfolk – Gold Italian Restaurant.” Razzo is a fantastic choice when it comes to date night, a celebratory meal, or just some top-tier eats! Stop by Sunday-Thursday from 5-9 p.m., and Friday-Saturday from 5-10 p.m.
3. Willoughby By The Bay – Fresh seafood and a quaint atmosphere is what you’ll find at Willoughby By The Bay. Said to be “home of the soft shell crab,” this local favorite will fulfill all your seafood desires. Open Monday-Friday noon-midnight, and Saturday-Sunday 8-12 p.m.
4. The Lagoon – The relaxed island atmosphere at The Lagoon, a seafood restaurant at Bay Point Marina, makes it a great spot for friends and family dining. The restaurant features a two-story waterfront deck that offers a beautiful view of the Bay. Check out The Lagoon Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-11 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-midnight.
5. Jessy’s Taqueria – Dreaming of crispy, homemade chips and guacamole? Ice-cold margarita anyone? Jessy’s here we come! Here you’ll find all your favorite Mexican dishes, along with endless chips and salsa. Jessy’s is a popular after-beach-day destination; it’s the perfect place to end a spring or summer day. Stop by Jessy’s 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
6. Cutty Sark – Are you interested in enjoying live music while dining out? Cutty Sark features performances by local musicians, adding to the gorgeous view that the restaurant has to offer. Cutty Sark is a must at golden hour, and is a great choice when coming to watch the sunset! Open from Monday-Saturday 8:30 a.m.-12 a.m., and Sunday 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
7. Ocean View Fishing Pier – Cast a line after you dine at Ocean View Fishing Pier’s conveniently located restaurant … at the end of the pier! The OV Fishing Pier could easily be noted as the best place to watch the sunset while dining as sky and water surrounds you. Open Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-12 a.m. and Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m.-12 a.m.
8. Sandfiddler Cafe – Can’t decide weather you want breakfast or lunch? At Sandfiddler Cafe you can have both all day. Active-duty military folk, enjoy a 15% military discount every Tuesday and Thursday! Stop by anytime between 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
9. Sunset Grill – Come by car or boat! Sunset Grill welcomes you to dock your boat on one of their two slips. Located in the Willoughby Harbor Marina, Sunset Grill is known for its breathtaking views, fresh seafood and live music. Open Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-10 p.m., and Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Closed on Mondays
10. Doug’s Hot Dogs- Family-owned for 43 years, Doug’s specializes in hot dogs, Italian sausages, BLT’s and chicken salad sandwiches. A great grab-and-go destination before hitting the beach! Open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ocean View is home to everyone’s classic favorite, Dairy Queen. Have a cone after your meal for a sweet, cold treat. Or, are you a coffee drinker? Check out Coaster Coffee, a fantastic, full-service coffee shop that recently opened in OV. Coaster Coffee is a non-profit business with all profits going back into the community by feeding the hungry, building community gardens, funding arts programs for children, and helping those who are out of work.