ANGLING FOR A GREAT FAMILY ADVENTURE?
Cast a line at the Ocean View Fishing Pier.
It’s said to be the longest freestanding fishing pier in North America, which may or may not be a bit of a fish story. But at nearly 1,700 feet long, the Ocean View Fishing Pier is definitely a great place to cast a line, enjoy some quality family time with amazing photo ops, and share a tall tale or two with fellow anglers.
No equipment? No problem, you can rent all the gear you need grab some bait at the tackle shop. And don’t worry, your fishing license is included with the price of admission: $9 for adults; $6 for seniors over 64 and children under 10.
- Stretches 1,700 feet into one of the East Coast’s most bountiful fishing grounds
- On-site restaurant and tackle shop
- 6,000-square-foot top deck and bar
- Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Head boat departures daily (4 hours, $35, gear provided)
- Open every day mid-March through October
The Ocean View Fishing Pier is located at 400 W. Ocean View Ave, Norfolk, VA 23503. It’s just off I-64, just east of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel (exit 273, 4th View St.). Call (757) 583-6000 or click here for more information, including directions.