10 Sweet Summer Date Ideas in Norfolk
Whether it’s a hot date with a potential new love interest, a night out with your significant other, or something fun to do with your best buddy, these Norfolk offerings will ensure a fantastic time. Change up date night with the following events and recommendations. It’s time to celebrate summer!
- Norfolk Botanical Garden offers incredible summertime events and exhibits perfect for a daytime or evening date. Their Butterfly House Exhibit will be open until September 30, or join in their yoga classes, painting and soap-making workshops or guided kayak tours at sunset – all wonderful options for a party of two.
- On the shore of the scenic Lafayette River in Norfolk, Hermitage Museum and Gardens makes for a beautiful outing, especially at sunset. On Thursdays throughout the summer, the Hermitage holds Sunsets On The River events featuring live music, food and beverage for purchase. And this summer, the Hermitage’s Burning Man Nights events celebrate the newly welcomed Burning Man Exhibit, a must-see!
- Ocean View Beach Park offers two FREE ongoing concert series on Fridays and Sundays throughout the summer – TGOV (Thank Goodness it’s Ocean View) and Big Bands On The Bay. Both are fantastic ways to enjoy the beautiful Chesapeake Bay while listening to live music. Grab a lawn chair, pack a picnic and slip on some flip-flops for a relaxed date down on the bay.
- Norfolk’s Pinot’s Palette is a creative way to spice up date night with you and your date painting and sipping the evening away! Pinot’s Palette hosts wine and painting classes, making this date a time to relax, unwind and let loose.
- See a show at The NorVA! Norfolk’s NorVA theatre is an essential destination for headlining musicians and bands as their tours swing through Hampton Roads. The NorVA’s summer schedule is heating up, and their Downtown Norfolk location makes it easy to grab a bite or a drink before the show.
- Discover the fun of brewery hopping as you check out Norfolk’s seven craft breweries: O’Connor Brewing Co., Coelacanth Brewing Co., Smartmouth Brewing Co., The Bold Mariner Brewing Co., Rip Rap Brewing Co., Benchtop Brewing Co., and Bearded Bird Brewing Co.
- See a movie at The Naro, Norfolk’s classic movie theater that first opened in 1936. The Naro continues to play a cool mix of indie and old films, and is truly a beloved Norfolk institution.
- Go Skating at the MacArthur Center Roller Rink. For the summer season through July 30, the outdoor roller rink is great a way to enjoy the company of that special someone and may even lead to a little handholding.
- Dine out at one of Norfolk’s finest restaurants: LeGrand Kitchen, Shiptown, Commune, Razzo or Chartreuse Bistro. Dress up and hit the town for a fine meal at one of these favorites, all offering amazing dinner menus that are sure to impress, along with stellar cocktails, wines and beers.
- All aboard the Spirit of Norfolk for a dinner cruise along the Elizabeth River under the stars. Enjoy the perfect mix of dining, entertainment and incredible views aboard Spirit – a can’t-miss romantic evening.