There is no better place to spend the holidays than in Norfolk. From the highly anticipated Harbor Half Marathon, to a Grand Illumination Parade through downtown, the lights, the sights, and sounds of the holiday season provide unforgettable activities for the whole family to enjoy. The weekend of November 18-19 is simply celebration central all throughout Norfolk in igniting the holiday spirit! Check out the following festivities for the first taste of the holidays. Walk, skip, or run into the 2017 holiday season in Norfolk!
Saturday, November 18
- We Promise 5K Race 8 a.m. – This 5K starts and finished in front of Norfolk’s waterfront Town Point Park. Designed for the whole family, all participants in the We Promise 5K Race will receive a race t-shirt, a metal upon finishing, and are welcomed to a post-race party with live music, food, and 2 beers with race registration. (21+, additional beer tickets can be purchased.)
- Kids Final Mile 9:30 am – This race is for kids only! The Norfolk Harbor Kids Mile is a race for children ages 12 and under. All participates will receive a t-shirt and a finisher medal! Adults accompanying children in the Kids Mile will need to be registered for the 5K, Half Marathon, or sign up for a Guardian bib during registration.
- Dickens’ Christmas Towne 10 a.m. – Join in on the fun in welcoming the Dickens’ Christmas Towne, an enchanted Christmas village, offering family friendly activities, daily snow, shopping, treats, entertainment, and more! Tis’ the season everyday in Dickens’ Christmas Towne, located at the Decker Half Moone Center, next to Nauticus and the Battleship Wisconsin.
- 3rd Annual Great Hot Coco War 6 p.m. - 11 p.m – The Great Hot Coco War returns for the 3rd time, with the hottest hot coco recipes in town! Contest participants will create their best hot coco recipe for your judgment, 4 oz pours for $2 at each location. Follow the Hot Coco War Map and be sure to try them all and cast your vote. This is war!
- on Ice & Winter Carnival 1 p.m.- 9 p.m – Join MacArthur Mall in welcoming their seasonal ice-skating rink with the Winter Carnival! Enjoy six family-friendly rides, including a Fiesta Balloon Wheel, a 20-foot-tall fun slide, along with Spinning Tea Cups and more! The ice-skating
- 33rd Annual Grand Illumination Parade 7 p.m - 8:30 p.m. – Light up the season with Norfolk’s Annual Grand Illumination Parade and kick off the holidays as thousands join in on this highly anticipated event! The parade will feature spectacular floats, marching bands, giant balloons, dancers, and the man of the season, Mr. Santa Claus himself.
Sunday, November 19
- Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon & Relay 7:30 a.m. – Put on your best running shoes and make your way past the beautiful Harbor in Downtown Norfolk for the Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon & Relay! Runners will experience 13.1 miles of scenic Norfolk landmarks. Not up for 13.1 miles? Check out the Half Marathon relay where you can split the distance with a relay team! All runners will receive a medal, t-shirt, and post-party entrance.
- Million Bulb Walk- Norfolk Botanical Garden November 10 - 30
4 p.m. - 9 p.m. – Norfolk’s Botanical Garden will be dazzled in holiday lights for the month of November. Walk through two miles of incredible light displays, with family, friends, or a special someone for an unforgettable evening.