Thursday-Sunday, September 15-18, 2016
What is NEON?
NEON: New Energy Of Norfolk. The NEON District of Norfolk provides artists and musicians a place to display their works.
The 2nd annual NEON Festival has expanded in offerings, length and location!
The free four day festival will feature live music, theatrical performances, guided mural tours, public art unveiling and a beer garden.
“The NEON community’s collaborative spirit inspired new partners, new art and new events for this year’s festival,” said co-chair Rachel McCall. “The level of support from our arts and community partners is inspiring, and we have robust offerings for this year’s event.”
Festival Events include:
• Glass Wheel Studio: Friday, September 16, 7-10PM kick off exhibition reception featuring Gabriel Greenlaw and Emily MacDonald-Korth
• The Plot: Friday, September 16, 7-9PM beer garden, food trucks, live music and performances. Sunday, 12-5PM family fun day at the Plot. with children’s activities and family friendly performances
• d’Art Center: Saturday, September 17, 5-9PM fundraiser at The featuring art activities, art by d'Art Center artists, live music, food and drink, featuring Smartmouth beer
• ETC: Saturday, September 17, produced by Festevents, is new to the NEON Festival. Town Point Park is transformed into a platform for innovative artists, comedians, authors, musicians, food trucks and a pop-up retail marketplace
• WORK | RELEASE: Thursday through Sunday live entertainment and the latest Rutter Family Art Foundation exhibition. Live broadcast with Hunter at Sunrise and Tidewater Arts Outreach Acoustic Brunch on Sunday, September 18
*Programming from NEON arts partners: Hurrah Players, Virginia Opera, Governor’s School for the Arts and Virginia Stage Company.
Surrounding businesses will be open throughout the NEON Festival including: Zeke’s Beans & Bowls, Push Comedy Theater, Nouvelle, Exotic Home, Okay Spark Gallery, Granby Social Club, Glass Eye Gallery and Bearded Bird Brewing (scheduled to open in August).
For more details and updates about the festival, visit: http://neonnfk.com/festival.