Save the Date! Our FREE Lego Shipbuilding event will take place on Saturday, February 2, 2019, from 10am-4pm at the Decker Half Moone Cruise Terminal. It's located next door to our museum and Nauticus, at 1 Waterside Drive, Norfolk, VA 23510.
Some activities at the event include:
- Use STEM-based design plans to build ships (easy to expert) from the keel up in our shipyard of 200+ dry docks!
- Enter your own LEGO ship in the builders' contest (homemade and museum-made ships accepted; however, all LEGOs owned by the museum MUST remain on-site). Ship contest entries must be submitted by 2pm; contest winners are announced at 3:30pm.
- Hands-on robotic demonstrations and professional LEGO display models
- Free play areas for all ages (LEGOs and Duplos)
- Crafts for all ages
- LEGO prizes will be given away throughout the day!
- A sensory (quieter space) room for alternative-need children
For questions or more information, call (757) 322-3106 or email Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to register--just show up!
Parking will be available for $5/vehicle (cash only) in the City of Norfolk’s parking garages on Main Street, Plume Street and City Hall Avenue.