The 5th Annual NEON Festival is coming back to NFK Thursday, October 17 and Friday, October 18, 2019!
Presented by Business Consortium for Arts Support and Old Dominion University, this free festival welcomes everyone to experience the NEON District through art exhibitions, local and national performances, mural tours and programming unique to Norfolk's first arts neighborhood.
The 2019 celebration includes:
* The Chrysler Museum of Art open late Thursday
* Third Thursday at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio
* Opening Reception Thursday at d'Art Center
* The Plot Beer Garden and entertainment Friday evening
* Tidewater Community College glass blowing, art exhibition and beer garden at Glass Wheel Studio Friday evening
* 5 new murals unveiled
* NEON District Public Art Tours both nights
* Pop up art galleries in local businesses
* Live music and brews at Bearded Bird Brewing Co. Friday
* Community programming from The Governor's School for the Arts, Teens With a Purpose, Push Comedy Theater, Hurrah Players and many more!
Full schedule to be announced in September. Artists, musicians and performers are invited to participate in the NEON Festival. Applications will be accepted August 1 - August 16.