Hunter House Victorian Museum

  • 240 W. Freemason St
  • Norfolk, VA 23510

The Hunter House Victorian Museum was built in 1894 for the merchant and banker James Wilson Hunter, together with his wife Lizzie Ayer Barnes Hunter and their three children. It was designed and built by the Boston architect W.P. Wentworth in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. The museum opened in 1988 and serves as a rich example of Victorian decorative arts and architecture. Guests are invited to meet the Hunters as they tour two floors of the home, which feature the Hunter family's collection of furniture, books, decorative objects, and more. Join us and transport yourself to the splendor and opulence of the Victorian Era!