Built in 1739, St. Paul's Church is Norfolk's oldest building, and the only structure to survive the British destruction of the city on New Year's Day, 1776. A cannonball fired by Lord Dunmore of the British Fleet still remains lodged in the southeastern wall of the church. Featuring a beautiful Tiffany stained glass window, the church retains an active parish to this day. Outdoors, St. Paul's tree-lined cemetery is dotted with 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th century tombstones. Visitors may tour the churchyard and cemetery at any time. The interior is open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesdays-Fridays. Guided tours are available upon request.