Here, your event’s On A Pedestal
Our Convention Services team is focused on supporting you and your event with all the little details from pre-planning to execution. Your dedicated Convention Services Manager is eager to assist you throughout the entire planning of your convention and will serve as your city liaison from beginning to end. Our goal is to provide a successful and memorable experience in Norfolk for your attendees!
Below is a sampling of the services we offer; however, we enjoy working with you to provide customized services tailored to your group’s specific needs.
- Provide a list of Norfolk vendors and suppliers to assist with your needs
- Assistance identifying local speakers
- Itinerary ideas for tours and other leisure activities
- Recommend unique off-site venues for networking or other special events
- Recommend local “voluntourism” or charitable opportunities
Marketing Your Event
Prior to Your Event
- Provide informative Norfolk Brochures (area maps, dining guide, attractions, show your badge program, etc.) in advance or on-site
- Request Welcome Letter from the Governor
- Request the Mayor’s presence at your event
- Welcome banners
- Promotional collateral such as Visitors Guide, maps and brochures, etc.
- Complimentary information table. May be staffed with Visitor Information Specialist. Fee may apply.
- Assistance with registration and other convention tasks. Fee may apply.
- Name badges and lanyard availability. Fees apply.
- Local gifts available for purchase
- VisitNorfolk representative can be provided to welcome your attendees. Based on availability.
OUR Convention Services Team
Catherine Williamson, CMP, VDP
Convention Services Director
Catherine’s background in hospitality and tourism spans over 20 years with various roles at hotels, resorts, and DMOs that allow her to directly relate to your needs as a meeting planner. Her southern hospitality and relationships she has built throughout the community will make planning your meeting in Norfolk a breeze! She oversees events, FAMs, and works with markets that include Corporations, Government, Virginia and Southeastern Associations. She believes Norfolk’s rich history, diversity and arts and culture make it a truly unique destination. You will find her with her family on the water, biking to festivals, and enjoying local cuisine when she’s not working!
Senior Convention Services Manager
Jennifer Lopez has been building relationships in the hospitality industry for over 15 years. She services Sports, Multicultural, AAA, Military, Family, Religious and Association groups between 40-1,500 people. She also plans and executes a number of events and group tours for VisitNorfolk. Her passion for Norfolk is driven by its “small-town” charm, attractions, amazing dining and diverse history.
Convention Services Manager
Rosanna McNeal has over 7 years of hospitality experience in convention execution and event management for Social, Government, Corporate and Educational markets throughout the Southeast. With this solid foundation, she continues to seek out new, innovative approaches that assist in creating memorable moments for a variety of meetings, events, and FAMs for VisitNorfolk. A Navy wife, Rosanna has called Norfolk home for the last 3 years. Her fascination with Norfolk stems from its deep-rooted history, art, amazing local dining and unique experiences.
Convention Services coordinator
Check out the latest, and greatest, happenings in the city.
2021 Readers’ Choice Award Winners AnnouncedLearn More
Best Ways to Stay Fit at your Norfolk Convention
Virginia Meetings: “Coastal Distancing”Learn More
Best Restaurants for a Business Lunch
PLAN YOUR Meeting
Norfolk’s got the tools to help you keep your attendance, and success, at an all-time high.