The Hunter House Victorian Museum opened in 1988 and serves as a rich example of Victorian decorative arts and architecture. The museum features the Hunter family’s collection of furniture, books, decorative objects, and more. Transport yourself to the splendor and opulence of the Victorian Era!
- The museum offers self-guided tour pamphlets.
- Signs are featured throughout the museum.
- The museum is not accessible via wheelchair, but virtual tours are available for the first and second floor of the museum.
The MacArthur Memorial is dedicated to the life and legacy of General of the Army Douglas MacArthur. The Memorial also pays tribute to the millions of Americans who served during the Civil War, World War I, World War II and the Korean War.
- The Memorial is accessible, and there are accessible restrooms in the Visitor Center and in the Research Center.
- Service animals are allowed with identification.
- Restroom signs are marked with Braille.
- There is a ramp to the entrance with push buttons for wheelchair accessibility.
- For guests with a seeing loss, there is a guided tour podcast accessible via QR code. Guests must provide their own listening device.
Nauticus is a maritime discovery center located along the waterfront in Downtown Norfolk offering a unique form of experiential learning for all ages. Through interactive exhibits and STEM to STERN programming, Nauticus uses the museum, Battleship Wisconsin, Sail Nauticus sailing center and Schooner Virginia to tell the story of the maritime environment, industry and the military.
- There are five on-site accessible parking spaces, available on a first come, first served basis.
- Nauticus is wheelchair accessible throughout the building via two elevators and on board the main deck of the Battleship Wisconsin. Video tours of the Battleship are available for anyone who cannot access inside the ship.
- There are accessible spaces in the Nauticus Theater.
- Assisted listening devices are available upon request in the Nauticus Theater. Requests should be made prior to the start of shows.
- Sign language interpreters can be provided with a minimum of two weeks notice.
- Closed-captioned exhibits are featured throughout the building.
- Get more details on Nauticus’ accessibility page.